Ways to Win Mega Millions
- The colored balls above indiciate how many numbers drawn match the numbers on your ticket.
- White balls: The first five numbers on your ticket can match with any of the first five numbers drawn, in any order.
- Gold balls: The Mega Ball number on your ticket can only match with the Mega Ball number drawn (not with one of the first five numbers).
- Except for the jackpot, all of the prizes listed above are fixed prize amounts, regardless of the size of the jackpot.
- California is the only state that does not award fixed prize amounts, due to state law. The prize amounts are different each drawing, and can be found on the Mega Millions Drawing Detail page.
- The prize amounts shown above are for the current version of the Mega Millions prize structure, which went in effect starting with the Oct 31, 2017 drawing.
How to claim your prize
Sign the back of your ticket and take it to an authorized lottery sales agent for validation. If you win a prize greater than $599, you may need to complete a claim form and send it to the state’s lottery commission.
Winning tickets are subject to validation and must be claimed in the state in which they were purchased. The period in which you must claim your winning ticket varies by state:All the ways to prizes in the multi-state Mega Millions lottery game, including lottery ticket expiration periods for each state. ]]>