The Lottery Multiple Choice Test Questions
1. What does the village look like on the morning of the lottery?
(a) It is gloomy and cold looking with gray houses.
(b) It is in the sun with neat houses, green lawns, and flowers everywhere.
(c) It is very metropolitan with shiny glass commercial buildings.
(d) It is dusty and dry with the paint peeling off the houses.
2. How many people live in the village?
(a) Just under 1,000.
(b) Less than 100.
(d) About 300.
3. Why are people gathering in the town square?
(a) They are voting whether to discontinue the lottery.
(b) The mayor is making a speech.
(c) There is a band concert that morning.
(d) It is the annual lottery day.
4. Why are the children running around that morning?
(a) Lottery Day is a school holiday.
(b) It is Saturday and there is no school.
(c) Lottery Day is a special holiday for children.
(d) The teachers are in the lottery so they come to see them.
The Lottery Test | Final Test – Easy
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the lottery begin late in this village?
(a) Because there are so few people, the drawing only last a few hours.
(b) Because it took longer for the boys to find stones.
(c) Because someone forgot to prepar the lottery slips of paper.
(d) Because they have trouble locating the lottery box.
2. What does Mrs. Dunbar hold in her hands?
(a) A bag full of small stones.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) More moderate stones than Mrs. Delacroix.
(d) The Hutchinson baby.
3. What is being used for the first time this year?
(a) Slips of paper instead of wood chips.
(b) Black and white ping pong balls.
(c) A new black box.
(d) A bigger stool.
4. What does Jackson hint in the story when Tessie is very late arriving?
(a) That Tessie has a premonition of something bad.
(b) That Tessie is not originally from the village.
(c) That Tessie is a scatter brain.
(d) That Tessie is always late for everything.
5. How many people live in the village?
(a) Just under 1,000.
(b) About 300.
(d) Less than 100.
6. What is the date of the lottery?
(a) July 4th
(b) April 1st
(c) February 2nd
(d) June 27th
7. How do most of the villagers appear to regard the lottery?
(a) They are confused about it.
(b) They hate it.
(c) They do not like the suspense.
(d) They look forward to it.
8. What does Mr. Summers do as soon as he is sworn in?
(a) Faces and greets the villagers.
(b) Leads the invocation.
(c) Puts his hand on the black box three times.
(d) Bows low and receives the crown.
9. What is Mr. Summers’ position in the town?
(a) He is the superintendant of schools.
(b) He is the town leader and owner of a coal business.
(c) He is the custodian of the town square.
(d) He is the religious leader of the village.
10. What is on Tessie Hutchinson’s paper?
(b) A black spot.
(c) A message.
(d) The number 6.
11. Who is the last person accounted for before the lottery begins?
(a) The tall Watson boy.
(b) Tessie Hutchinson.
(c) Old man Warner.
(d) Mrs. Dunbar.
12. When Mr. Summers says it is time, what does everyone do?
(a) Look at their papers and hold them up.
(b) Look at their papers and not show them.
(c) Tear their papers into small pieces.
(d) Drop their papers in the box.
13. Who tells the boys what to do on the morning of the lottery?
(a) Their mothers.
(b) The village council.
(c) No one, they all know their responsibility.
(d) Their fathers.
14. What do some people think about discontinuing the lottery?
(a) Some people want to change the date of the lottery.
(b) Some people want to discontinue the lottery.
(c) Some people want to make the lottery grander.
(d) Some people want to hold the lottery twice a year.
15. What are the men doing before it is time for the lottery to begin?
(a) Standing in a group but not talking.
(b) Standing in a group talking about tractors and rain.
(c) Standing together and talking politics.
(d) Standing together and talking about women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Zanini’s distinction at the lottery?
2. Who is the first to hold up his slip of paper?
3. Who is assigned to conduct the lottery?
4. Why is everyone participating, even the Hutchinson children?
5. What is Jackson saying about tradition.Pre-made tests on The Lottery Final Test – Easy, including multiple choice, short answer, short essay, and in-depth essay questions. ]]>